Where would my Merlin dolls be without the once and future king, Arthur Pendragon?
I’ve been simultaneously looking forward to and dreading Arthur, partly because of the many components of his costume and partly because metallic thread is horrible. It splits and shreds and frays and is generally the absolute worst to work with.
Happily though, I found a spool of metallic sewing thread which has worked perfectly for Arthur’s chainmail hauberk. It meant I didn’t have to separate the stands of DMC metallic threads or deal with knots, which was lovely, although it did mean that I had to finish one section before going on to another, which I’ve realised I don’t often do.
I also used a new stitch for Arthur’s quilted tunic, puff stitch, which was nice once I got the hang of it.
Until next time, C.