Esmerelda – progress report

image

I spent over two hours on Esmerelda’s sleeves other night. It didn’t feel like that long since I was watching Wolf Hall, immersing myself in Tudor scheming while fiddling with Esmerelda’s little puffed sleeves in an attempt to get them even. Despite trying to keep track of what I was doing when I made the first one, symmetry was elusive, and so I kept frogging and frogging and trying again.

image

image

When I finally got them right, I was so pleased with my success that i broke my rule of always doing hair last and decided to try to tackle Essie’s tousled curls.

image

I didn’t do a very good job – in fact I’m pretty unhappy with it. It looks too… thready. Also, this picture is making me second guess my color choices for her corset, but mostly it’s her hair that’s distressing me.

image

I’m kicking myself for cutting it too soon and not curling it first like I was going to. I assumed the sheer bulk of it would provide enough volum, since I put it in so thickly, but I don’t know if I overdid it with the hairspray or something but it’s just not doing it for me.

I’m going to wash the hairspray out and try to style it again with water and pins. I’m pretty determined, so hopefully I can give it a bit of curl and some more volume. Wish me luck!

Until next time, C.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s